Thursday, July 15, 2010

New (Temporary) Home

Ahhh, just sitting down from the day!

I toured around the park twice today, snapping pictures of different reference sites. Basically cataloging for a project I'm doing. But it's in Disneyland!! I have field work in Disneyland. Which, may I add, just for your information, just because one may have an official Disneyland Resort ID AND an "off-stage" door access key-card for the back lot of Disneyland, does NOT mean it's any easier convincing people you can access through the main guest entrance. Wow! I had to trek from one side of the park, under and over, and through and then over again to get anywhere near my side of the back lot. And then I had to go over a bridge behind an attraction which makes sounds/revibrations like the world is ending. There is truly nothing else like working for Disney. It's an adventure which at the end of the adventure, requires you to creatively perform at the end of it!

AWESOMENESS! So blessed!

More good news: I just signed my half month's rent and security deposit to a wonderfully sweet lady named Connie. I will be living in a town house with Connie and her recluse daughter (a very focused student) and a possibility of a second renter for the smaller room. It's a cute, safe-seeming community. With a pool, free utilities, free wi-fi and washer/dryer in the unit! The one thing I could ask for is a gym inside the complex. But no worries ladies and gentl... (well, probably just Juan and Matt), I am yelp-researching both 24/Hr Fitness and Fitness Planet. What is really cool is that the 24/Hr Fitness is in Garden Walk right next to the park!! I will walk in there Monday night and hopefully get a tour and free day.

Those are my updates! Sleep is in need, tomorrow 6:30 AM I have a private-ish History Tour down Main St, Disneyland. Ready to meet the rest of the employees crazy enough to get up that early! (tehehe, I'm used to it, kudos Starbucks Partners!)

2 comments: